Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Your kid swallowed what? How to remove stuck objects

Grapefruit seeds, pins, Lego ninjas, plastic beads and button batteries: There's no end to what a curious child will jam into an orifice in the name of scientific experimentation.

Button batteries which rapidly corrode and leach chemicals, can be serious. Other objects, like the 40-centimeter long piece of dental floss swallowed by a toddler, resolve naturally.

This article presents what to look for and whether to panic, should you discover a foreign object lodged in your child.

No comments: